We offer birthday parties for children at the Bell Homestead! We can host a 2.5 hour long party in our Visitor Centre. We offer a variety of exciting party activities for your child and their guests.
A party costs $18.00 per child. We provide the materials for the activities; a finger sandwich lunch with fruit and juice, plates, cutlery; a tour of the historic houses; and a party room. Cake and ice cream can be provided at an additional cost. You can choose a theme for the party activities or we can discuss some ideas with you.
Some suggested party themes are:
- Victorian Tea Party: Drink from vintage tea cups, make a Victorian craft and see how people lived over 100 years ago.
- Science Explosion: Do some explosively fun baking soda experiments, visit the houses, and try out some old-fashioned phones.
- High Flying Science: Learn about Alexander Graham Bell's flying machines. Build some of your own flyers. Visit the historic houses.
- Arty Party: Make some art of your own, see Eliza Bell's artworks, and learn the art of the old-fashioned telephone.
Birthday parties must be booked a minimum of two weeks in advance. When you book, please have the following information ready:
- Date and time that you desire.
- When you would like the lunch served.
- Approximate number of children. You can call a few days before the party to let us know exact numbers.
- Any food allergies or dietary restrictions in the group of children, if known. Please let us have this information at least 24 hours before the party.
- Approximate age range of the children.
- The name of the birthday girl or boy. We can then put a birthday greeting on our signboard.
You are welcome to arrive before the party if you wish to decorate the party room, or need to set up anything. We have refrigerator and freezer space for cake and ice cream.
To book a birthday party, please contact us